COME AND VOLUNTEER AT WECARE AND
WECare Worldwide relies on volunteers to run, so we only want the most passionate, forward-thinking and driven individuals on board.
It’s not just veterinary volunteers we’re after – if you’ve got a skill, we can probably use it! Whether you’re a tradie, photographer or talented artist, we’d love to hear from you. We’ve always got projects on the go.
None of the above, but a world class dog cuddler? We believe that love and attention is crucial in the healing process, so we’re always looking for volunteers to spend their days playing with, petting and walking the dogs.
Just bear in mind that we’re can’t accommodate volunteers who only want to do a day here and there. As you can imagine, we’re super busy running a working vet clinic, so we can’t afford to spend our time showing new people the ropes every day, as much as we’d love to have you all. Plus, it’s unsettling for the animals having to constantly deal with new faces. So, volunteer placements are for a few weeks, minimum, depending on your skill set.
Please note that we also don’t accept applications more than a year in advance for roles other than vets or vet nurses, as it’s very difficult to schedule so far ahead and we find that people’s plans can change in that time without warning.
We also require all volunteers to fundraise at least £350 prior to arrival which will go towards our hospital running costs.
So, if you’re self-motivated, strong-willed, and looking to make a real change out of your time in Sri Lanka, then get in touch!
We’d love to hear from you!
What we’re currently looking for
- Vets (with over two years experience)
- Vet nurses
- Animal care assistants
- Admin gurus
- Artists and illustrators
What you’ll get
- The experience of a lifetime
- The chance to be part of a young and fresh charity
- The opportunity to make a real impact to the lives of street dogs
- FREE accommodation (for stays of six weeks or more)
- At least two days off per week to explore/surf/do yoga
- Hefty knowledge of the best local rice and curry spots
- Unlimited dog cuddles
How to apply
Due to the sheer amount of applications we receive, our volunteer application process is quite rigorous. While we’re incredibly grateful to have so much interest, we don’t want to waste your time, or ours. If you’re going to give up your precious time to help us, it should be the perfect match, no?
- Fill out the below form.
- Wait to hear back from us. (We respond to every single application but bear with us, it sometimes takes a little while to get through them all.)
- If we want to move ahead with your application, we’ll arrange a face-to-face/Skype call.
- If successful, you best get booking those flights!