THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE AND HELP THE STREET DOGS..
FROM PLEDGING YOUR BIRTHDAY TO HOOKING US UP WITH YOUR BUSINESS! WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU ON BOARD, WHICHEVER WAY YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP.
Donate your hard-earned pennies to help the less-fortunate animals in the world, it’s highly appreciated here at WECare Worldwide and we could not be more thankful!
Our charity is run solely on donations from individuals, such as yourselves, and from small businesses. The animals that we save from horrific and life-threatening injuries on a daily basis would die a slow and painful death if it wasn’t for the support we receive and we are extremely aware of this fact.
We provide our veterinary skills free of charge but we do still have to fund all medications, veterinary equipment, food and shelter. We aim to provide a high standard of care and refuse to cut corners which means that we achieve great results but unfortunately, it does mean that it isn’t cheap.
We are extremely lucky to have the supporters that we currently have and couldn’t have gotten to this point without you but, with our services in more demand than ever due to increased exposure and word of mouth, we need your help more than ever to be able to continue our work.
"YOU HAVE NEVER REALLY LIVED UNTIL YOU HELP THOSE WHO CAN NEVER REPAY YOU"
- MAGGOT WOUNDS– treatment for these pesky things average around £100 depending on the wound severity and location.
- RTAs (road traffic accidents)- treatment costs vary massively but average around £300.
- PUPPIES– providing vaccinations against fatal diseases, skin treatment and deworming to give them the best start in life costs around £25.
- SKIN DISEASE– curing mange can change a dog’s whole life and costs only £15.
- PAY FOR A SPEY– only £20 stops a female from having unwanted pregnancies for the rest of her life and reduces the risk of certain illnesses.
- DONATE FOR A CASTRATE– only £15 stops the boys having their way and also reduces the risk of certain diseases and injuries.
- GIFT A JAB– Vaccinating an animal against rabies is lifesaving and costs only £5.
- SPONSOR A CNVR– Around £1600 covers one day of neutering and vaccination clinic whereby 70 animals are neutered and upto 100 vaccinated against rabies.
We have completed Phase 1 of the build of the WECare Hospital but we still have a long way to go to ensure we are able to provide the highest standard of veterinary care to street dogs, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As one of the only veterinary inpatient facilities outside of Colombo, demand is high and patients are plentiful. The cases we see are often extremely advanced or critical and would benefit highly from more advanced diagnostics than we currently have. We save a lot of lives and manage as is but, as vets, it feels as though our hands are tied to not be able to xrays of an animal who has been in a road accident, for example. There isn’t a single animal xray facility outside of Colombo and Kandy and with an estimated 26,000 RTA’s involving animals annually, we are really desperate to ensure that we can provide this going forwards. We also need to complete our kennel area and purchase an ultrasound machine as a bare minimum.
Completing Phase 2 would be a gamechanger for both Sri Lankan street dogs and owned dogs, and would provide a facility that could be used to teach undergraduates and provide CPD sessions to vets in practice in future.
sponsor a dog
It costs us money to house dogs whilst they are waiting for their forever home. Sponsor a WECare dog today!
BECOME A SELLER
Sell your items on Ebay and donate a percentage of your sale to help us provide veterinary care to street dogs.
SHOP TIL YOU DROP
You can raise money for WECare by shopping with Amazon Smile and Easy Fundraising .. and it doesn't cost you a penny!